The type of fridge known as a “compact fridge” is a refrigerator that is much smaller than what most people think of than a normal refrigerator. This type of fridge is often known as “student fridges” because they are often used in dormitory type settings. Let’s take a little look at why compact refrigerators are unlike the others:
- They take up little space and are very easy to move around, which makes them very popular with anyone who is not expecting to stay somewhere for too long.
- A compact refrigerator’s size is usually about 1.7 cubic feet (51 cm) to 6 cubic feet (182 cm). This small size and shape of the fridge usually determines the price and the type of features the machine has.
- Often, the compact fridge may have a full freezer or it might have a frosted tray at the top that acts like a freezer.
- To simply check out a great range of quality fridges and other electrical devices, just type electrical retailers in Leicester, into a search engine.
- A recent trend with this type of refrigerator has been to trim them with stickers and even painting schemes, often targeted toward a certain hobby or interest.
- The decorations are normally aimed at younger people who have recently left home for the first time, and who are more likely to make use of a compact refrigerator.
- There are many reasons as to why a compact refrigerator might be chosen over a more traditional type of fridge and even though a full-size fridge is a common household item, they do lack some things younger people might appreciate.
- Along with the portability feature previously mentioned, the cost of a compact refrigerator is more attractive, and especially for students.
- Due to their smaller size, they are not so expensive to purchase.
Over a refrigerator’s lifespan, the original purchase price may be the smallest part of a good investment. A normal sized fridge uses up a huge amount of electrical energy, which can work out to be expensive over time, but due to the size of the compact fridge and its cooling such a smaller space, it will need much less power to run. Such energy savings will eventually mount up to hundreds of pounds over the course of the fridge’s lifetime.
If Space is not important
At the same time, there are some handicaps to choosing such a fridge as well, and the main one being its capacity. For many college students who don’t care to cook and aren’t in need of storage space, this is no major concern. And the same goes for those who do wish to do a certain amount of food preparation, the compact fridge will not be big enough and may not be the best choice.
Most compact refrigerators are used only for cooling drinks and storing snacks and those who use it for such will find that it suits their needs and purposes perfectly.